My name is Kelly Leger and I am the face behind Leger’s Ledger. I am a 5th grade Science teacher at Vidor Middle School.
I am the mother of 4 grown children and currently have 4 grandchildren. I never meet a stranger and truly enjoy what I do. I have been teaching at VMS for 4 years and have served as department chair for 6th grade ELAR and Social Studies in the past and taught ELAR for 4 years.
I have been an avid reader since I was a young child and often, would get grounded from reading. I can’t imagine my life without books. I love them, collect them and they overflow my bookcases. Some other hobbies that I enjoy are traveling, painting and I do love Halloween (my favorite color is orange).
I hope to encourage a love of reading, learning, critical thinking and friendship in my classroom. I only teach winners.
I created this blog for the purpose of sharing lessons, tips and anything that can promote a great learning environment. I have also added a calendar that will allow for parents to keep track of important deadlines and events. On the side bar you will see several links. Istation is a tool that we will use in class and you are encouraged to log-in at home.
I have included several avenues to keep up-to-date with news. Remind 101 is the easiest and you can find instructions HERE. Also, you can follow either by calendar or by RSS feed. A RSS feed will send you an email each time there is an update posted. You can reach me at anytime by email: KLeger@vidorisd.org
- I do not tweet. I have linked Scholastics twitter account.
- I do not friend students or parents on Facebook.
- I do not Instagram. I have linked the Instagram feed of the Scholastic Reading Club.
- Occasionally I may show a YouTube video. If I share a video I will post the link.
- I do enjoy Pinterest. I have created and linked a board, Leger’s Tools. If you would like to send me pin suggestions they are very much appreciated.
We are going to have a great year!
| This summer in Washington D.C.|
at the Do The Right Thing essay contest.